Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Sad Revelation

I cried when I found out I was not actually in menopause.  Yet.  What about the hot flashes, the mood swings, the complete nastiness?  No, no and no.  I am actually experiencing, as some of you may also be experiencing, that cherished time called perimenopause.  Huh?  Yes, yes, there is a name for that blessed event BEFORE you actually start into the dreamlike state, called, as the past generation would say, "the change off life."

Oh.  How long does this last? I inquired of my doctor.  He shook his head and smirked.  Could last for years.  Is this guy a comedian on the side?  Years?  I cannot have this happening for that long.  I stared at him with my mouth hanging open.  What does he know of these things?  Has he been through this?  The sleepless nights, the waves of heat radiating from my feet to the top of my head, the weight gain that I KNOW is only attributed to the fact that I am this old, and NOT to the fact that I eat too much.  Please. I don't have years to wait this out.  My family will kick me out on the street, my employer will definitely find someone a bit calmer to work for them, and I will be homeless and trapped in a body that is not cooperating.

I am definitely in a snit.  I need a nap.

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment